The girl’s day-out, let the other love of your life, your girlfriends know how much you love them. Your bff and the whole squad for that matter deserve some serious pampering and a nice break from the work and men in their life. So we suggest you take that over-due break with your group of girls and head out for some sweet indulgence on this day-out. To tempt your taste buds, we give you five bakeries that you must visit for your sweet tooth.
• Wenger’s Where: Connaught Place Wenger’s looks like an old, historic bakery welcoming you with a British style gateway. What we love more about the place is that as soon as you enter the outlet, you are pleasantly assaulted with the aroma of their baked goodies. It’s perfect! They make a variety of finger licking pastries, tarts, macroons, cakes, patties etc but we are biased towards their Shammi Kabab and Cold Coffee. You should give it go.
• L’Opera Where: Khan Market We love everything about these quaint café chain which serve cakes, freshly baked bread, madeleines, tarts and other savoury offerings. The macroons here are crisp from the outside and moist chewy from inside. You should definitely try their Greek Salad- it’s fresh crispy and healthy. You are gonna love it.
• The Big Chill Where: Saket Big chill will give you the vibe of an old school Cafe. It’s surrounded by posters of classic old movies and French interiors which we adore and their food menu is like an entire cookbook. Sounds like a dream come true, doesn’t it? We think that their Pastas and Milkshakes are to die for. Do not even dare to forget about their mouth melting desserts. Their Blueberry Cheesecake is a must! We mean it!!
• Elma’s Bakery Where: Hauz Khas Village If you want to experience an English grandmother’s parlour with classy food and great service, go to Elma’s. You can simply have an amazing time, just sitting here and chatting with your friends and sipping and eating delightful little waffles, pizzas, burgers and crepes among an array of appetizing dishes. Our personal favourite is their Waffles served with hot dripping chocolate. It’s a piece of heaven.
• Angels in my Kitchen Where: Defence Colony Well, this place has some really beautiful looking and delicious bakery stuff. We insist that you try their apple crumble pie. Get it slightly heated and have it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. It’s out of this world, trust us! We believe that you would also enjoy their Death By Chocolate, Blueberry Cheesecake & Rainbow Cake. We often take their breads home for some bread love. Give it a go, would you!